- Business Case for Emotional Intelligence
- Do Emotional Intelligence Programs Work?
- Emotional Competence Framework
- Emotional Intelligence: What it is and Why it Matters
- Executives' Emotional Intelligence (mis) Perceptions
- Guidelines for Best Practice
- Guidelines for Securing Organizational Support For EI
- Johnson & Johnson Leadership Study
- Ontario Principals’ Council Leadership Study
- Technical Report on Developing Emotional Intelligence
- Emotional Intelligence Quotient (EQ-i)
- Emotional & Social Competence Inventory 360 (ESCI)
- Emotional & Social Competence Inventory-University (ESCI-U)
- Genos Emotional Intelligence Inventory (Genos EI)
- Group Emotional Competence Inventory (GEC)
- Mayer Salovey Caruso Emotional Intelligence Test (MSCEIT)
- Profile of Emotional Competence (PEC)
- Schutte Self-Report Inventory (SSRI)
- Trait Emotional Intelligence Questionnaire (TEIQue)
- Wong's Emotional Intelligence Scale
- Work Group Emotional Intelligence Profile (WEIP)
- Model Programs
- Achievement Motivation Training
- Care Giver Support Program
- Competency-Based Selection
- Emotional Competence Training - Financial Advisors
- Executive Coaching
- Human Relations Training
- Interaction Management
- Interpersonal Conflict Management - Law Enforcement
- Interpersonal Effectiveness Training - Medical Students
- JOBS Program
- Self-Management Training to Increase Job Attendance
- Stress Management Training
- Weatherhead MBA Program
- Williams' Lifeskills Program
- Article Reprints
Emotional Intelligence - Article References
As a service to our visitors the Consortium for Research on Emotional Intelligence in Organizations maintains a list of references of scholarly articles on the topic of emotional intelligence. The reference list is organized into the following categories. To access the references in a given category click on the links below:
Definitions and Critiques of Emotional Intelligence (UPDATED APRIL 2015)
Emotional Intelligence and Construct Validity (UPDATED APRIL 2015)
Emotional Intelligence and Cross Cultural Issues (UPDATED APRIL 2015)
Emotional Intelligence and Decision Making (UPDATED APRIL 2015)
Emotional Intelligence and Job Performance (UPDATED APRIL 2015)
Emotional Intelligence and Leadership (UPDATED APRIL 2015)
Emotional Intelligence and Neuroscience (UPDATED APRIL 2015)
Emotional Intelligence and Organizational Behavior (UPDATED APRIL 2015)
Emotional Intelligence and Organizational Change (UPDATED APRIL 2015)
Emotional Intelligence and Stress (UPDATED APRIL 2015)
Emotional Intelligence and Transformational Leadership (UPDATED APRIL 2015)
Emotional Intelligence in Health Care Settings (UPDATED APRIL 2015)
Emotional Intelligence in Higher Education (UPDATED APRIL 2015)
Emotional Intelligence in Teachers and Administrators (UPDATED APRIL 2015)
Emotional Intelligence - Program Evaluations (UPDATED APRIL 2015)
Emotional Intelligence - Psychometric Issues (UPDATED APRIL 2015)
Emotional Intelligence in Teams and Work Groups (UPDATED APRIL 2015)
Emotional Intelligence Training and Development (UPDATED APRIL 2015)
News and Events
Check out our new EVENTS section to find out about the latest conferences and training opportunities involving members of the EI Consortium.
Workshops and Conferences
The 5th International Congress on Emotional Intelligence will be held from September 17 – 19, 2015 in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
There will be international experts presenting on EI research and applications in the areas of education, business, organizations, medicine, therapy, assessment, consultation and the arts. Join our expanding community and network with scholars, researchers, educators, clinicians and consultants who are dedicated to the EI field. Click here for more information.
Listen to Consortium member Chuck Wolfe interview some of the thought leaders in emotional intelligence.
Interview with Dr. Helen Riess - NEW!!
Changes in healthcare have led to pressures on providers to spend less time with patients resulting in less time for questions, empathy and compassion. Helen Riess, M.D., a Harvard Medical Associate Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, and Chief Scientist and Chairman of Empathetics, is one person working hard to reverse this trend. Dr. Riess's company teaches empathy to doctors and other healthcare professionals often leading to very positive outcomes. Click here to listen to the interview.
Interview with Dr. Daniel Goleman
Listen to an interview by with Dr. Goleman on his new book Focus: The Hidden Driver of Excellence. In the book Dan helps readers to understand the importance and power of the ability to focus one's attention, will power, and cognitive control in creating life success. Click here to listen to the interview.
Interview with Dr. John Mayer
How Personal Intelligence Shapes Our Lives: A Conversation with John D. Mayer. From picking a life partner, to choosing a career, Jack explains how personal intelligence has a major impact on our ability to make successful decisions. Click here to listen to the interview.
Interview with Dr. Cary Cherniss
Interview with Dr. Marc Brackett
Click HERE to listen to an interview with Dr. Marc Brackett, the newly appointed leader of the Center of Emotional Intelligence which will begin operation at Yale University in April, 2013. In this interview Dr. Brackett shares his vision for the new center.
Emotional and Social Intelligence Competencies: Cross Cultural Implications
Continued research on the assessment and development of emotional and social intelligence competencies represents an opportunity to further both theoretical and applied applications of behavioral science to the management of human capital. While the field has continued to expand over the preceding decades, research has often trailed application, especially as it relates to cross-cultural validity. The purpose of this special issue of Cross Cultural Management - An International Journal serves to focus on cultural issues related to applied use of emotional and social intelligence competencies in diverse cultures. Articles in the special issue include data from various countries including India, Peru, China, Italy, Australia, and the United States. Click here to read more.